The Performance Team is based out of the prestigious GPS schooling framework in that of Newington College. In 2015 a collaboration with Ironedge took place to develop the best high-school facility within Australia. This meant versatile equipment, a layout covering a broad spectrum of athletes/sports, whilst catering for those from developmental years to elite/professional athletes. Ironedge ensured quality, functional equipment, built to last, not only with younger athletes but higher intensity elite level too, able to withstand the ultimate punishment.
This is strictly an appointment only facility! It is one of the very few performance facilities capable of covering everything an athlete needs. Open to commercial use for athletes in The Performance Team facilities include:
– Fully functional performance gym with lifting platforms, racks, various bars/assistive equipment (kettle bells, ropes, sleds etc.), dual cable, 6ft boxing bags, and other cardio equipment (bikes, ski-erg, concept 2 ergometers).
– 3 x Indoor basketball courts
– Outdoor synthetic grass (size of 2 basketball courts)
– 3 x Ovals, including 1 x 100m rubber sprint track
– 25m Pool, with shallow recovery/rehabilitative area
– 6 x Tennis courts